Farmers Market Food Safety
This online course teaches vendors and producers about food safety and preventing foodborne illness.
Through a combination of videos and reading, this course focuses on teaching new and established farmers' market vendors the basics of food safety and sanitation.
You will learn how to:
- evaluate potential risks related to food safety at farmers' markets from harvest through sale of the food product
- equip and operate food safe facilities
- source and purchase ingredients
- handle and prepare food properly
- identify on-site food safety procedures
- know what is needed for proper record keeping, and food or ingredient traceability
- recognize potential liability issues.